After years of running the Historic classes in Europe, ITG-Racingteam experience that the flat 6-cylinder engine is a strong and durable piece of beautiful engineering art.
But 45+ years of use has taken their beating, on the hard to find parts, especially on the magnesium and aluminum engine cases.
ITG-Racingteam always struggle finding useable magnesium and aluminum engine cases and when possible to find and pay the pricey bit was all the machine work that goes into make them straight and useful engine cases again.
Then in 2016 ITG-Racingteam began to see that these magnesium and aluminum engine cases becoming more and more fragile and cracks was becoming more and frequently after 1 or 2 racing seasons.
Something had to be done so ITG-Racingteam looked into the marked to find anyone how produced all new high quality engine cases.
Not such thing existed so ITG-Racingteam contacted the Historical Committee Europe (under FIA) to whether it was possible to reproduce a engine case and still be able to be approve and participate in the FIA races and the HTP. – Historic Technical Passport . HTP. – Historic Technical Passport are used in Europe as a “stamp” for at the car contains all the correct parts and are authentic in it´s class.
Historical Committee Europe replyed: there is a rule that states” if a part can´t be found and if the factory don´t produce or selling this part no more, A corresponding part can be produced with similar dimensions – appearance and function”
ITG-Racingteam went to work.
New engine case – Visions and development:
After years of experience in racing, ITG-RacingTeam wanted all this experience built into the design and function of their new engine case.
Therefore, a list of quality points for all new engine cases was prepared:
- New engine case produced in aluminum.
- New engine case must be produced with similar dimensions – appearance and function.
- New engine case must be much stronger and more durable than the OEM.
- New engine case must not have any need for any additional machine work.
- New engine case must be ready to accept the 66mm. counter weight or non counter weight crank.
- New engine case must be ready to accept the OEM bearings.
- No need for casesavers or any additional reinforcement on the engine case.
- New design with Shuffel pins after racing experience.
- New design without the need for oil bypass after racing experience.
- New design with OEM oil squirters after racing experience.
- New design for accepting GT3 – turbo oil pump after racing experience.
- New design with incorporate fins at the bottom of the case (RSR).
- New design with mounts for the mechanical fuel injection – MFI. – no need for welding.
- 3 Different head stud spacing – order to your need – nearly all OEM head and cylinders are interchangeable.
- Different spigots size – order to your need.
- Using all EN AW 6082 A- Heat treatable alloy also used for Heavy duty structures inside the Marine and offshore.
- Milled from one piece solid block 67 kg. – 148 lb. block. to 16 kg. 35 lb.
Choosing a model:
The ITG-Racing-Monza® engine cases will be offered for sale in three different models:
- The ITG-Racing-Monza® – 80
- The ITG-Racing-Monza® – 83
- The ITG-Racing-Monza® – 86
The modelnumber refers to head stud spacing as the model 80 has the 80mm. head stud spacing – the model 83 has the 83mm. head stud spacing and the model 86 has the 86mm. head stud spacing.
Here is The ITG-Racing-Monza® – 80:
Measurement center to center: 80mm.
Choosing a model and Spigots size depends on choice of heads and final displacement.
Guideline head spacing:
- The 2.0 – 2.7: 80mm.
- The very first 3.0RSR: 83 mm.
- The 3.0 – 3.2: 86mm.
Flot arbejde – DON A.!!!
How to order:
- Click on “Place your order ITG-Racing Monza® case” button.
- Download the ITG-Racing Monza® order form.
- Fill in your contact details.
- Select ITG-Racing-Monza® model.
- Fill in your information about Inner spigot diameters in millimeter.
- Select Shipping to your destination.
- Select Payment.
- Type your notes
- Read terms.
- Email or scan order form to email: email@example.com
- ITG-Racing Monza® case are currently in the testning fase and are expected to be put for sale in 2019.
Despatch & Delivery Information:
- All received paid orders will be despatched within 5 weeks.
- We only despatch complete paid orders.
- Please note Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays do not count as a working day for despatch or delivery.
- Should you not receive your item within the specified time, please contact us through the email and we will look into this, however we would ask you to please allow suitable time for delivery as delays in the delivery process can occur i.e. weather conditions, holidays etc.
- Please note, in all circumstances, once goods leave our premises, the service passes over to the carrier or other selected service so we would ask you to please understand that missed deliveries, lost parcels, damaged items etc. are beyond our control.
- Warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear or the natural breakdown of colors and materials.
- Any part that, in our opinion, was used, installed, handled, packaged, or shipped improperly by the customer will not be eligible for exchange, refund, or warranty.
- We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee or refuse any exceptions.
- Parts used for racing or competition are warranted against manufacturing defects only.
- They are not warranted for wear or breakage under any circumstance.
- In order to use the warranty, you should contact the dealer or us (retail outlet or website) from which you made your purchase.
- The items cannot be returned if:
- Any product that appears to have been used.
- Any part that (in our opinion) was used, installed, handled, packaged, or shipped improperly by the customer.
- Custom ordered parts.
- If your order included any “special offer” or “free parts”, they must also be returned or the value may be deducted from your refund.
- All returns are subject to inspection.
- Parts returned more than 30 days from the purchase date will be subject to a Restocking Fee.
Why the name: ITG-Racing Monza®
Please read the full article below from Randy Leffingwell.
- Engine type number: 911/20 = injected 911/22 = Webers
- Displacement: 2,247cc (85mm bore x 66mm stroke)
- Engine case material: magnesium Output power: 230 PS at 8000 rpm
- Valve diameter intake/exhaust: 45mm/39mm
- Valve lift intake/exhaust: 12.1mm/10.5mm